Friday, February 29, 2008

1970's Election in Seremban

Ahah! Wonder how was election during 1970s? I wasn't born then... Luckily my dad took tonnes of photos during the election campaign. See picture below. The first man on the picture, Dr. Chen Man Hin is running for election, and my dad kinda helped him at that time. Dr. Chen is actually my dad's friend, and also my family doctor. His clinic is still around (in Seremban, of course) and he's still very healthy and energetic, despite his age now is almost 80 years old!


"Running" for election.

Yay, you reached! The "Rocket" at Seremban Lake Garden roundabout, opposite used-to-be-Public-Library. The Rocket's butt.
One of Dr. Chen's supporter. Can you see there are no high skyscrapers in Seremban at THAT time?
The white building = Public Library.
Look at the crowd!
Ahah, spot my mom! She's the one standing on the right, clutching on brown handbag. The woman standing in front, wide smile, wearing flowery dress is... actually... Dr. Chen's wife! Please ignore the scribbles... it's done by ME when I'm small, and dunno wtf I'm doing...
"Dacing" vs. "Rocket"
"Vote for me, free medicine for all!", says Dr. Chen.
Does the building seems familiar to you, Seremban-kia?
That's the election during the year 1970's....




7 *twinkles*:

-waiseng- said...

The pictures are all well kept. Very nice. A good post since the election day is around the corner. I wish my dad had his collections as well. :D

CS said...

emm.. wat a nice photo sharing...

just nice... i think before the 513 tragedy right?...

I am not supporter on either side.. but more to the person instead of the parti...

BTW.. nice meeting you and thanks for commenting in my blog. Appreciate it. Thanks

Akira 思胜 said...

Wow, a historical post for this... hehe... thanks for sharing ya...

nana said...

wow this is a cool post indeed! so semangat lar you :) happy voting next weekend! hehe..

~ JChan。찬준偉 ~ said...

hi meiwah,
nice to meet u.

Thanks for sharing this historical photo.
BTW, This is my first time voting for coming Saturday election.
(^^,)o

Beverly's Secret said...

ohh~~ our library preserved well though >.<

Mei-Wah said...

to waiseng: luckily my dad took photos during the days... now i can indulge on the good old days.

to cs: dunno whether it's before or after the 513 tragedy... my mum don't remember the exact date... =)

to akira wah: u share food experience, i share old photos...

to mekurukito: happy voting ya! vote for the best!

to ~원 준 偉~: it's my first time to vote too!

to beverly: miss the library... i remember i hang out there for some projects (esp. for history subject, form 3)...

 

Show Me The Stars Template by Carly Lloyd Designs